iPad: Apple News App
The Apple News App is a great way to access many news sources from one app. You can choose what news you want to see and save articles to read later. To get started, download the Apple News app from the App Store.
Set Up the App
- Open the News app.
- In the Welcome screen, tap Next.
- In Pick Your Favorites, tap at least three favorites, then tap Continue.
- In Introducing Notifications, tap Customize Notifications.
- Turn notifications On or Off for each of your favorites channels. Tap Done.
- Tap Sign Me Up to get news in your Mail Inbox or tap Not Now to skip this screen.
- Tap Allow to allow News to access your location. You are now ready to read the news.
Read the News
The news you see in the app depends on your choices for Favorites. As you scroll down the page, different sections display Top Stories, Trending Stories and stories selected for you. When you add new Favorites, those favorites will be displayed in sections at the top of the page.
- To read a story, tap on the story.
- To “Like” a story, tap on the Share icon, then tap Love Story.
- To save a story to read later, tap on the Share icon. Then, tap Save.
- To share a story, tap on the Share icon, then tap Facebook or Mail.
Add More Favorites
You can add channels (individual news sources) or topics (collections of related news stories) to your Favorites. To add more favorites:
- Tap Explore at the bottom of the screen.
- Browse through the news sources suggested for you or browse categories.
- Tap to select a favorite channel or topic.
To remove favorites:
- Tap Favorites.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap x to remove.
Search for News
To search for news:
- Tap Search.
- Enter a search term and tap Search.
- Tap the news source you want to view.
View Saved Stories or Reading History
News saves your reading history and any stories that you saved using the Share icon.
To view saved articles or history:
- Tap Saved.
- Tap Saved or tap History.
Download a PDF cheatsheet: