Remove Spam in Mail
In the Mail app, you can remove unwanted mail in three ways:
- Unsubscribe from mailing lists
- Move spam mail to the Junk folder
- Delete spam mail
Unsubscribe from a mailing list when:
- The message comes from a mailing list and
- You recognize the source as a legitimate business or organization
The Mail app can recognize when a message comes from a mailing list and prompt you to unsubscribe. It displays a message and a link to unsubscribe at the top of the message.
To unsubscribe, tap Unsubscribe at the top of the message.
You can also find an Unsubscribe link within the body of the message.
Move spam to Junk folder
Move a message to the Junk folder when:
- The message is spam
- You do not recognize the source
- You do not want to receive any more mail from that source
When you move a message to the Junk folder, the Mail app should mark all future messages from the same sender as junk. Messages in the Junk folder are automatically deleted after 30 days.
To move a message to the Junk folder:
- With the message open, tap the Flag icon at the top of the page.
- Tap Move to Junk.
Delete the message
If you are not sure that an email is legitimate, do not click any links in the email. Simply delete the message. With the message open, tap the Delete icon (trash can) at the top of the page.