Making Notes on the iPad
Do you always forget your passwords? Want to remember that link to a web page? Jot down a recipe? The Notes app is a quick and easy way to create notes for yourself on the iPad.
Notes is an Apple app that comes pre-installed on your iPad.
Settings for Notes
Before you use Notes, you can specify settings for the app:
- Open Settings.
- Tap Notes.
- Set Save Media to Photos to ON.
- Set “On My iPad” Account to ON.
Organizing Notes in Folders
When you open Notes in horizontal mode, a list of Folders is displayed in the left panel and the last created note is displayed in the right panel. If you open Notes in vertical mode, you can tap Folders to view the Folders panel.
To create a new folder:
- Tap New Folder.
- Select the location for the folder, in iCloud or On My iPad.
- Enter a name for the folder.
- Tap Save.
To edit or delete a folder:
- Tap Edit. You can rename or delete the folders that you created.
- Tap a folder name to edit the name.
- Check one or more folders than tap Delete to delete folders.
- Tap Done when you are finished editing.
Create a New Note in Notes
To create a new note:
- Tap the folder where you want to place the note.
- Tap the Edit button.
- Enter a title. The first line of text you enter becomes the title.
- Tap the Aa button to change the text format.
- Add text. You can also copy and paste text and photos from other apps.
- Tap the Photos button to add photos from the camera or the photo library.
- Tap the Draw icon to add a drawing.
- In the Draw screen, select a brush tip and a color and start drawing. You can use the Eraser to erase a line or use the Back button to step back in the drawing.
- Tap Done when you are finished.
The Draw Screen
Create a New Note in Other Apps
You can create a new note when you are working in other apps, such as a browser or the photo library.
The app you are using must be configured to use Notes.
When you create a note from your browser, Notes saves the link to the current webpage.
To create a note:
- Tap the Share icon.
- Select Add to Notes.
- Add some text to your note.
- Tap Save.
Note: Any notes you create using the Share icon are stored in the iCloud folder in Notes.
Want more features in your notes? Try these apps for more advanced note-taking: